Monday, 20 August 2012

Summer 2012

So, just for the sake of having this one piece of my life stored away in the seemingly permanent platform that the internet has provided us with. Technology is just fucking amazing isn't it? When I landed in Paris it was perfect. And then they had trouble understanding my English. And then I didn't have euros to call home. And then my shuttle came to pick me up an hour and forty five minutes late. Hmm..

I spent the first week getting hopelessly lost in Paris (sometimes even with a map) and arrived late, sweaty and gasping for breath for every class.
And then, Paris started to grow on me. I opened myself up to it little by little. I introduced myself with a bit more confidence. I got out of my friggin' apartment, and followed Jann's instructions and Google maps' lofty directions to my first PROPER French meal.
The weeks passed and I made friends I never want to forget. The closest friend I made was this charming, foxy little thing, called Paris. I'm gonna post some of my personal essays and try to relive the whole 45 days through my blog. Future Rohan: you're not allowed to forget this summer.

As mortifyingly (it's not a real word) cheesy as it sounds, I discovered myself this summer. I grew up a little more (isn't there something about mature wine being better?), and for the first time in my life, I finally understood what it means to belong. It's like I've been chiseled and groomed for twenty years to come to Paris at the end and just figure it all out -for the moment at least.
On that note- Vive La France!

No comments:

Post a Comment